1. The Easy-Bake Oven was officially announced on Nov. 4, 1963 and was an instant hit. Kenner sold 500,000 Easy-Bake Ovens in the first year and was unable to keep up with demand. Some reports from the time tell of female consumers literally fighting each other to get their hands on one.
2. The original Easy-Bake Oven mixes had a two-year shelf life because they were packaged in polyethylene laminated to aluminum foil.
3. The cost of the original Easy-Bake Oven was $15.95 – $115 today with inflation.
4. The oven had a recall in 2006 that affected one million models.
5. The Easy-Bake Oven has received its fair share of accolades. In 2003, the Toy Industry Association listed the Easy-Bake Oven on its Century of Toys list. In 2011, Time magazine named the Easy-Bake Oven as one of its 100 All-Time Great Toys.
6. In 2006, the Easy-Bake Oven was inducted into the National Toy Hall of Fame at The Strong Museum in Rochester, NY.
7. In 50+ years, more than 30 million Easy-Bake Ovens have been sold and more than 150 million mix refills used.
8. Three Easy-Bake Oven models have swapped out the incandescent light bulb for a heating element.