Hot Toys unveils photos featuring their Deadpool figure and it’s loaded with more than just bullets
If you didn’t already know the story of the Marvel character Deadpool, you will soon be overloaded with a growing onslaught of “Merc With A Mouth” coverage. Since Fabian Nicieza and Rob Liefeld first created the character in the pages of New Mutants back in 1991, the fandom for this mercenary has only grown. First hitting the big screen in X-Men Origins: Wolverine, hype is building quick for the upcoming Deadpool movie and Hot Toys has outdone themselves taking him to 1/6th scale figure form.
“Wait ‘til you get a load of me.”
Marvel’s most unconventional superhero, Deadpool, will finally hit the silver screen in full glory with his over-the-top personality, dark twisted sense of humor, and tendency to break the fourth wall which fans have always loved! Today, Hot Toys is very excited to officially introduce the one and only 1/6th scale Deadpool collectible figure based on the upcoming Deadpool movie!
In this new film, the origin story of former Special Forces operative turned mercenary Wade Wilson will be unfolded, who after being subjected to a rogue experiment that leaves him with accelerated healing powers, adopts the alter ego Deadpool. Armed with his new abilities and a dark, twisted sense of humor, Deadpool hunts down the man who nearly destroyed his life.
The movie-accurate collectible figure is specially crafted based on the image of Deadpool from the film. It features a newly developed masked head sculpt with 5 pairs of interchangeable eye pieces to create numerous combinations of Deadpool’s expressions, newly developed body, meticulously tailored Deadpool suit with weathering effects, Deadpool’s signature katanas and pistols, variety of interchangeable hands with gestures, and a specially designed Deadpool themed dynamic figure stand perfect for aerial poses.
You just can’t pass up on this opportunity to add the beloved Merc with a Mouth to your collection and witness the beginning of a happy ending.
Now for a bit of the old red and black mercenary filled eye candy!
As for specifications, this figure has 30 points of articulation and stands 31 cm tall. Sculpted by Kojun with head paint by JC Hong, it features interchangeable eye pieces, a newly developed body sculpt, meticulously tailored Deadpool suit (with weathering effects), accurate weaponry, and a dynamic figure stand. If that wasn’t enough, check out this long list of special features:
– Authentic and detailed likeness of Deadpool in Deadpool movie
– One (1) Deadpool head with five (5) pairs of interchangeable eye pieces that can create numerous combinations of Deadpool’s expressions
– Twelve (12) pieces of interchangeable gloved hands including:
– One (1) pair of fists
– One (1) pair of relaxed hands
– One (1) pair of katana holding hands
– One (1) pair for gun holding hands
– One (1) pair of finger pointing hands
– One (1) thumb-up right hand
– One (1) OK sign left hand
– Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted
– One (1) specially tailored red and black colored Deadpool suit with weathering effects
– One (1) brown colored leather-like belt
– One (1) pair of thigh gun holsters
– One (1) dagger sheath on shin
– One (1) pair of red and black colored boots
– One (1) dagger
– Two (2) metal katanas
– Two (2) pistols
– Two (2) shurikens
– One (1) pair of katana sheath
– Specially designed Deadpool emblem dynamic figure stand with Deadpool nameplate and the movie logo
The release date for this new Deadpool: 1/6th scale Deadpool Collectible Figure is Q2 – Q3 in 2016. No price has been set at this time.